Located on the edge of Cannock Chase near the large artificial lake Chasewater, Brownhills is a town in the West Midlands. it is 6 miles (9.7 km) north-east of Walsall and a similar distance south-west of Lichfield. It is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Walsall and the Aldridge-Brownhills parliamentary constituency and neighbours the ancient villages of Pelsall and Stonnall. Before boundary changes in 1974, it was in the county of Staffordshire.
With the increasing population in Brownhills, it was decided to establish a Mass centre for Catholics. The first Mass was celebrated in the Club Room of the Warrener’s Arms, Brownhills (now closed) on October 15 1933. Soon a piece of land was to be given by Mr Francis George Thorp of Barbourne Park, Worcester for a church, hall, school and Presbytery.
The foundation stone for the Hall was laid on 30 May 1935 and this became used for worship and social activities. The plan was never completed.
The presbytery was built on the site, but the school had to be built on another plot of land about half a mile from the church. When it became clear that a large church would never be built, the present building was extended in 1975 to serve as the parish church. The addition of a Narthex in 2006 further enhanced the church.
Geographically the parish is split into various distinct areas. Brownhills itself, Brownhills West, Clayhanger, Shire Oak, and Walsall Wood (part) being served by Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council and Stonnall and Norton Canes being served by Staffordshire County Council.
The A5 and the M6 Toll road cuts through the middle of the parish.